CHANGES IN Eureka 1.07 (r1716)
(Changes are since 1.00 version, r1416)
+ implemented Find and Replace (as a panel), with support for stepping though each item or selecting them all, and filters to control which items to visit or ignore
+ added 'File / New Project' command as the proper way to create a brand new WAD file. The 'New Map' command requires a current pwad, and will save the fresh map immediately into it
+ new 'RECENT' category for Texture/Flat/Thing browsers, and rebound the '\' key to toggle this category on/off
+ new 'Rename Map' and 'Delete Map' commands in FILE menu
+ improvement to key binding system, support for "flags" which are parameters beginning with a forward slash, such as "/new" and "/clear". The 'EditKey' dialog is now much easier to use too
+ Windows package no longer uses an installer
+ vertex reshaping commands:
- 'I' moves selected vertices onto a line - 'O' moves them into a circle shape - 'D' moves them into a half-circle - 'C' moves them into a 120-degree arc - 'Q' moves them into a 240-degree arc
- a preference to show smaller textures in the browser
- map checker can find unknown linedef and sector types
- Linedef panel: swapped the 'Tag' and 'Length' positions
- Linedef panel: always show a two-sided line panel when multiple lines are selected (allowing all texture parts to be edited)
- Linedef panel: don't show rail/upper tex for one-sided lines (can be disabled with the '
- when loading a wad specified on the command line, and it contains settings for the iwad, port and/or resources, then allow command line arguments to override those values (and _add_ new resources)
- new preference to maximize window on start (Linux, WIN32 only)
- the Default Properties now has its own panel
- Default Props: only a single wall texture now, and shows a sprite for the default thing which opens the browser when clicked on
- added back the '192' grid size
- browser: changed two key-bindings: 'T' now opens to Things and 'X' is used to open it to Textures (matching the menu shortcuts)
- browser: changed key-binding for BR_CycleCategory to '|'
- browser: the 'Sort' menu has been replaced with an 'Alpha' checkbox
- browser: made sprites a bit smaller, can now show three columns when browser is at minimum width
- better way to show how a linedef will be split (esp. when snapping)
- co-op player sprites are now colored as in DOOM
- 3D view: the low/high detail flag is now a preference setting (no longer toggleable with the
- added info bar for 3D view, shows current position, angle, etc...
- added 'Toggle 3D View' command to View menu
- support loading a read-only wad file
- support data in a map header lump (such as
- node builder: added work-around for "TOO SIMPLE" levels (i.e. a single convex sector), creating a dummy node and an extra subsector and seg for the back side
- wrote a Unix man page
- vanilla DOOM: do not show "friend", "coop" or "sp" thing flags
- when checking textures, ignore ones beginning with '#'
- show version _in_ the About box (not just the window title)
- fixed not loading '
- fixed bug when saving and using the '
- 3D view: fixed a vertical mis-alignment of textures (one pixel) in certain circumstances
- fixed occasional false positives with sector mismatch test
- fixed wrong focal point when zooming immediately after the 'j' (JumpToObject) command
- fixed category of linetype #68 (should be a raising floor)
- fixed clipping of mid-masked textures (e.g. the cage in
- fixed not reloading textures (etc) when opening a new wad file
- fixed crash when trying to build nodes on an IWAD map which has some changes made to it, but has not been saved (exported) yet
- fixed key binding list so that pressing 'Bind', 'Copy' etc on a non-visible line will scroll to that line (make it visible)
- browser: fixed patterns like '